- Impact Investing Strategy
- Impact Investing Overview
- Our Impact Investing Strategy
- Monitoring Impact
- Get Involved and Learn More
- Program Areas
- About the KL Felicitas Foundation
The KL Felicitas Foundation is excited to announce the release of a report detailing the financial performance of the Foundation’s investment portfolio, published on October 14, 2013 by Sonen Capital. The report, titled Evolution of an Impact Portfolio: From Implementation to Results, demonstrates to investors that impact investments can compete with, and at times outperform, traditional asset class strategies while pursuing meaningful and measurable social and environmental results.
This report is written for asset owners, advisors, other intermediaries and anyone interested in learning more about approaches to building diversified impact portfolios anchored in rigorous financial analysis.
Key highlights include:
- A seven year examination of performance between 2006-2012, breaking down the portfolio by the assets allocated to impact investments. By end of 2012, 85% of the Foundation’s portfolio was deployed in impact investments across multiple asset classes and demonstrated the ability to achieve index-competitive, risk-adjusted returns.
- Research on 38 of the underlying investments in KLF’s impact portfolio, which accounted for $37.2 billion of assets under management, suggests the impact sector likely holds significantly larger absorptive capacity.
- Impact measurement continues to improve, as current methodology allows investors to quantify and compare their impact to varying degrees across asset classes.
Social-Impact International’s Latest Chapter Opens in Hawaii
Social-Impact International launched their first Hawaiʻi Investment Ready Cohort in March 2013. Fourteen exceptional Hawaiian social enterprises and 28 dedicated entrepreneurs came together to learn how to scale their organizations and increase their impact.
The selected enterprises are providing local, regional and global products and services in the areas of Media, Food Systems, Community Service and Land Stewardship. Learn more about them here.
About the KL Felicitas Foundation
Welcome to KL Felicitas Foundation. The KL Felicitas Foundation was created in 2000 by Charly and Lisa Kleissner.
Our mission is to enable social entrepreneurs and enterprises worldwide to develop and grow sustainably, with an emphasis on rural communities and families. The Foundation also actively advocates its Impact Investing strategy.
The KL Felicitas’s impact investing strategy works to match the entrepreneurial spirit and business discipline of social enterprise with the significant capital being made available through a growing network of impact investors. Charly and Lisa Kleissner’s personal values, and their conviction of the potential of social enterprises and social entrepreneurs, helps inform how we make investments, and how we identify the most promising innovations for positive social and environmental change in our world.
Please note that the Foundation does not accept unsolicited grant proposals. We make grants only on a proactive basis, and our grants complement our active Impact Investing portfolio.